Cosmetology Department General Information
Thank your for your interest in the Cosmetology and Esthetics programs at
Fullerton College. The instructors and staff look forward to meeting you and
working with you towards a successful and rewarding career.
The Cosmetology Department offers courses designed to prepare the
student in the basic theory of cosmetology and its applications. It is designed
towards the preparation for the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology state
examination and a successful career as a cosmetologist.
- Cosmetology: Requires 1600 hours of training.
- Day Program: Consists of 40 hours a week. Meets from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through
- Evening Program: Consists of 19 hour week. Meets from 5:30 - 10:15 Monday
through Thursday. .
CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Esthetics: Requires 600 hours of training.
CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER
- Day Program: Consists of 38 hours a week. Meets from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday
through Thursday & Fridays 8 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Evening Program: Consists of 19 hour week. Meets from 5:30 - 10:15 Monday through Thursday.
- Instructor Training: Requires 600 hours of training.
Classes are held on Mondays from 12:30 p.m. - 4:40 p.m. with additional
required 12 lab hours.
- Pivot Point Terminologies and Practices Requires :
- Degrees and Certificate
- Associate in Science Degree: Curriculum leads to the Associate
in science Degree and prepares the student to pass the California Bureau
of Barbering and Cosmetology Board examination. The program requires 55
units in required courses.
- Cosmetology Certificate: The Cosmetology Certificate requires
the completion of 55 units with a grade of "C or better in each
course taken. At least one half of the units completed must be taken at
- Esthetician Certificate: The Esthetician Certificate requires
the completion of 20 units with a grade of "C" or better in
each course taken. At least one half of the units completed must be
taken at Fullerton College.
- Cosmetology Instructor Associate in Science Degree: Curriculum leads
to the Cosmetology Instructor Associate in Science Degree and requires a
total of 18-19 units of which 15 units are required courses. An
additional 3-4 units must be chosen from the restricted electives.
- NOTICE: since the
college is now on a 16 week schedule to accomodate the cosmetology
departments need to complete the 1600 hour requirements the Fall 2012
courses will begin August 13th and roll over through the regular fall
schedule that is scheduled August 27th. You must register for August 13th in
order to continue on with the course work.
- For detailed information please contact Anita Coggie at 714-732-5463
or Paula Barnes at 714-732-5460
Commonly asked Questions:
How do I apply?
The application process begins through Fullerton College Admissions and
Records. Students who are enrolling for the first time must complete an
admission application. You may apply in person at the admissions and Records
office, or online. You will be provided with a registration appointment date and
New and returning student admission Process is available at
How Do I register?
Register for classes on or after your
assigned registration appointment date and time. you may register on line at
- To register for the first session in Cosmetology: you are
required to register using COSM 055AF level one.
- To register for the first session in Esthetics: you are
required to register using COSM 041F level one
How do I get in when the class is closed? Is there a waiting list?
After the class is full, you may petition in person on the first day of
class. Vacant seats are filled by first come first served sign in as soon as
Expenses: These expenses are subject to change and in some
instances are approximate.
- Tuition: $46.00 per unit for California residents. International and
out-of-state students need to check with Admissions & Records for tuition
- Health Fee $17.00 for term - refer to Health Center for services
- Parking: Automobiles $35.00 Motorcycles $20.00
- Kits and Textbooks must be purchased on the first day of instruction
from the Fullerton College book store. Once the kit is opened it is
considered used. Students transferring must be sure that he/she meets with
the required classroom supplies
- Cosmetology and Esthetician: approximately $2,185 with other
expenses throughout the course that may be approximately $500.00.
- Uniforms: can run approximately $100.00 - $150.00. You will be
advised on the first day of instruction about our uniform requirements.
Shoes that are acceptable must leather and be completely enclosed.
For Financial aid: Please refer to
www.fafsa.ed.gov Level one students are required to have
all textbooks and materials for this level no later than the first day of
the second week. It is important to start your financial aid process with plenty
of time to meet this requirement.
Pre-requisites: Check for pre-requisites early. Before you enroll
check to see if your class has a pre-requisites. I it does they must be cleared
prior to enrollment.