- The Cosmetology Program is five consecutive levels that prepares students to become eligible to take the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology exams. Eligibility for the State exam requires continuous attendance, completion of 1600 clock hours, and completion of Department and State-mandated coursework.
- The Cosmetology lab kit and Pivot Point Member textbooks cost approximately $2,600. The kit must be purchased one week prior to the first day of class. The Cosmetology Office will contact the student via EMAIL with instructions on purchasing the kit. Kits will be delivered the second day of class and the contents will be inventoried as a group. Uniforms and closed-toe shoes must be approved by the department prior to purchase.
- Other expenses totaling approximately $500 will be needed for materials during the 1600 hour courses.
- We currently offer:
- Full-time Day Program: Monday – Friday from 7am – 4:30pm. (Approximately 1 year to complete all 5 levels.)
- Part-time Evening Program: Monday – Thursday from 5pm – 10:30pm. (Approximately 2 years to complete all 5 levels.)
- Contact Anita Coggi (ACoggi@fullcoll.edu or Office: (714) 732-5463) in the Cosmetology Department one month prior to the start date of class to receive updates on attending mandatory Freshman Orientation, purchasing kit, and waitlist information.
Cosmetologist/Esthetician Instructor Training
The following courses require prerequisites and proof of licensing before registration. Contact Anita Coggi (Email: ACoggi@fullcoll.edu or Office: (714) 732-5463) in the Cosmetology Department one month prior to the start date of class to request forms.
- COSM 060 F Instruction Techniques in Cosmetology/Esthetician & COSM 062 F Advanced Instruction in Cosmetology/Esthetician – Two semester courses for licensed cosmetologists/estheticians to learn instructional techniques & complete 600 clock hours to become a Cosmetology &/or Esthetician Instructor. (Fall / Spring 16-week courses)
- Pivot Point Instruction I – Preparatory course to teach Pivot Point terminologies. (Offered during 8-week summer session only)
At this time, Fullerton College Cosmetology Department does not offer the 600 hour Esthetic Program.
Barbering Crossover Program
At this time, Fullerton College Cosmetology Department does not offer the 200 hour Barbering Crossover Program for licensed cosmetologists. Please continue to check this website and Fullerton College schedule of classes periodically to pursue anticipated Fall 2018 installment of this highly desired course.